Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Established in 2010 this employee owned building services consultancy have consistently managed to grow year on year by at least 20% whilst maintaining outstanding levels of staff retention. They are now firmly established one of London's leading MEP Design practices and continue to secure the majority of their work via repeat business, recommendations or referrals. largely down to the quality of the projects they deliver; always going that extra mile to deliver engineering excellence.
Due to a recent promotion; they are now looking for a client facing and reliable Senior Electrical Design Engineer to work on a range of £5 - £100M projects across RIBA stages 2 - 6.
Reporting to the Electrical Director or Associate Director you will be responsible for ensuring the technical and financial success of projects under your control, this will include designing, project managing and delivering projects from feasibility through to post commissioning.
You will also be given the opportunity of establishing your own relationships with well-known developers, contractors and Project Managers and the opportunity of developing new revenue streams; however the focus of the role is design and delivery and not in new business development.
This role will appeal to an energetic and reliable Senior Electrical Design Engineer who wants to work for an ambitious and innovative firm that can offer real security, diversity of projects, career progression and a fantastic work and life balance.
Essential selection criteria
- Minimum of six years' experience as an Electrical Building Services Design Engineer.
- Able to use / and interpret results from Amtech and either Dialux or Relux.
- Advanced knowledge of LV distribution, life safety systems (Fire alarms, CCTV, Emergency Lighting, Access Control etc) lighting, secondary supplies and lightning protection.
- Able to produce schedules, specifications and agree scopes of work.
- Good commercial awareness and previous experience in managing fees and resources.
- Ideally some previous experience witnessing MEP commissioning and producing site inspection reports.