Group BIM Strategy Manager
Our client is leading multi-disciplined consultancy with offices in the UK, Dubai, India, Australia, Singapore and the US.
Due to rapid increase in workload we are currently looking for a Group BIM Strategy Manager to join their team in Central London.
To develop and manage the growth of BIM and Revit integration throughout their UK operation so that we are the leading practitioners of BIM process in the industry. In addition, the role includes the day to day management of the office CAD team to ensure the correct level of resource and technical input is applied to achieve project delivery objectives. The role holder will report to a nominated Group Leader for overall BIM/Revit development and individual Directors in terms of specific project delivery.
It is envisaged that the candidate will have experience in the “BIM Lead” role on projects and therefore may have an Architectural or Contracting background.
- Produce a companywide BIM and Revit development plan and review with Directors to agree detailed requirements and priorities. Present development plan to UK Management Board for approval.
- Establish BIM/Revit standards to ensure consistency of delivery across all offices.
- Provide production of BIM / Revit / CAD support and will be responsible for the introduction and implementation of BIM with coordination with the relevant directors.
- Assist the Management Board with regular updates on hardware and software requirements to achieve the agreed development plan.
- Establish CAD/Revit standards to ensure consistency of delivery across all offices.
- Review the development plan on a regular basis and update the Management Board on progress and further proposals if necessary.
- Manage the office Revit/CAD team.
- Liaise with Directors/Lead Engineers to ensure that resources are planned and available to meet the office project delivery requirements.
- Supply technical support for all BIM/Revit and CAD software.
- Liaise closely with project Engineers & Document Controllers to ensure standards, drawing numbering, BIM Execution plans are appropriate in their scope and followed in practise.
- Assist Project Directors and Project Leads in negotiations with Clients, Contractors and Design Teams to determine appropriate and cost-efficient standards and scopes of services for project appointments.
- Assist Directors with BIM Inputs to fee proposals, capability Statements etc.
- Develop and maintain all modelling layering standards.
- Identify with the Group Leader, personal training/CPD requirements.
- Implement QA systems applicable to the department.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
- Identify suitable external resources to respond to peaks in workload, holiday periods etc.
- Attend relevant courses, seminars etc that will add value and raise the profile of the business.
- Attend and contribute to project review meetings and consider ways to constantly improve BIM/Revit and CAD delivery in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
- Assist and set the scope for the training of Graduate Engineers.
- Provide engineers with guidance on the most efficient way to provide information for BIM personnel to detail, and ensure that this is being provided in a timely manner to be cost efficient and timely.
- Scheduling drawing work and completion to suit project delivery programme.
- Manage the incoming and outgoing drawing registers on a company based system including using office based hard copy systems.
- Develop training budget and overall scope for the team.
- Customization of BIM/Revit and CAD Programs and maintain Software inventory.
- Scheduling drawing work and strategic planning for the team.
- Monitor and maintain BIM/Revit and CAD servers and plotting facilities.
- Daily / monthly backups of all outgoing work.
- Order new hardware and configuration and setup when it arrives. Order & maintain print and plotter supplies.
- Provide input to project start-up meeting on all ongoing works and planning.
- Conduct project related model reviews.
- Produce corporate CAD screen shots to suit the company banding
- Clean up all BIM/Revit and CAD files for project closeout.
- Discuss drawing management for entire project with team leads.
- Assist with Project Archiving at end of a Project Completion.
- To follow company administration systems including time sheets, expenses, control library.
- Implement Company Health and Safety and all work comply with applicable health and safety regulations.
- Carry out all Personal Development Plans for staff as required on a 6-monthly basis.
- Maintain personal and team CPD plans.
- Ensure IIP accreditation and Quality Management Systems ISO 9001 and 14001 are adhered to.
Essential Skills & Requirements
- The Group BIM Manager should demonstrate the experience of working in a design environment as BIM Lead, or working for a large contractor in a design capacity.
- Must have previous people management experience.
- Must have some commercial and contractual experience with the BIM process and delivery.
- Extension knowledge and skill of AutoCAD/3D modelling, to provide CAD/BIM/Revit drawings and designs for both electrical, mechanical, and public health engineers within the team including outworkers. Experience in modular building design would be of advantage.
- Previous experience on £40millon+ project, mainly within the Data Centre, high rise accommodation, high end commercial, hotel, hospital, or student accommodation.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience – expert in BIM/2D and 3D CAD and Revit.
- Excellent presentation skills, communication and client facing skills.
- Experience in the same or similar position is desired.
- Competency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint.
- The ability to project a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Educational qualifications to a degree level or equivalent are desired.
- Good knowledge and use of appropriate project and design analysis software.
- Personable and a ‘can do’ attitude with resource management experience.
- Able to establish rapport and good working relationships within the project team and Clients.
- To be able to work as part as a team and collaboratively and co-operatively.
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – email@example.com