Engineering Project Manager
Your new role
In order to sustain the continued growth of this dynamic organisation, an exciting opportunity has arisen for an individual to support the delivery of Project Management activities within the business. This role offers a unique opportunity to work on multiple projects of varying scale.
- Liaising with the Bids Department and Contract Managers to complete initial project handover activities;
- Establishing Budgets and Schedules, in accordance with appropriate business systems;
- Engage Engineering, HSEQ and Procurement support functions and generate Cost-Time-Resource (CTR) frameworks with each;
- Management of contracted deliverable's through execution phase;
- Internal / External Reporting
Reporting to the General Manager, key responsibilities include:
- Ensure that projects are delivered to schedule, within budget and in accordance with customer requirements; as defined in the Contract.
- Work with the Engineering and HSEQ Department (as necessary) to ensure compliance with all Quality, Safety and Environmental and policies, processes and procedures.
- Responsible for assigned project performance inclusive of financial performance against budget and satisfactory achievement of internal and contractual KPIs.
- Support activity associated with sub-contractor and equipment selection and acquisition through JFD Procurement process.
- Accurately communicate project status and performance to key internal and external stakeholders, in accordance with approved reporting processes.
- Assign and manage tasks to vendors, engineering, production and support departments.
- Meet with clients to report on progress and manage issues? to ensure projects are in line with client expectations
- Identify, actively manage risks and opportunities.
- Manage project constraints / conflicts (e.g resource,? schedule demands)
- Manage change control and contract variations
- Report performance on a weekly and monthly basis as required to the Defence Programme Manager.
- Support wider project delivery tasks as reasonably directed
What you'll need to succeed
- Minimum of 5 years? experience in a project management role along with experience in dealing with complex fast-pace cross-functional projects in an engineering / manufacturing / defence or related field
- Have a sound knowledge of engineering principles and strong mechanical / electrical engineering skills
- At ease dealing directly with customers and sub-contractors
- Demonstrate sound commercial awareness on a project and subcontractor level
- Skilled user of full Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in using ERP systems is desirable
- Familiar with international Quality and Safety standards
- Awareness of with working to marine and defence standards
- Be flexible and available to travel worldwide in support of project activities
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Reasoning and problem solving skills with ability to think laterally
- Good communication skills, articulate and good presenter with good attention to detail.
- Good team player - able to work with a range of personalities to achieve positive outcomes
- Has the ability to multi-task and delivering to tight deadlines and specifications
- Organised, self-motivated and confident in using own initiative.
- Comfortable with maintaining and controlling project documentation, costs and procedures
- Has the desire, drive and flexibility to successfully deliver within a challenging environment
- Demonstrate sound planning techniques and process
- Capable of reacting to changes and willing to go the extra mile to deliver quality products
- An appropriate Engineering / Technical or Project Management degree or time served trade background
What you'll get in return
Chance to work with an industry innovator
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.