Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
Human Capital Solutions have been retained by one of the most, innovative and forward thinking, global MEP Design Consultancies to find them an Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer for their London studio.
Offering a clear path to Senior, zero office politics, ongoing training and support and the opportunity of working on projects across the UK, Middle East and Africa this role to a talented Intermediate Engineer who is passionate about passive design and enjoys collaborating with signature architects to create unique and healthy buildings that maximise space whilst minmising the need for fossil fuels.
Working closely with the Electrical Director and Principal Electrical Engineer you will be responsible for designing energy efficient lighting, small power, fire detection, CCTV, access control and containment systems across RIBA stages 2 - 5. Recent projects include masterplans, high rise offices in Europe, universities, a wellness retreat, two international museums and a exclusive members club.
As you progress, you will be given the opportunity of also learning about other MEP disciplines and BIM and the chance of leading your own smaller projects, ensuring both the technical and financial success of these projects.
- Degree qualified in Building Services, Electrical Engineering or Environmental Engineering.
- At least three years' experience in Building Services.
- Good Amtech, Dialux and Relux skills
- Understanding of Revit and appreciation of BIM.
- Clear communication skills, comfortable in front of architects and developers.
- Keen interest in passive design, energy efficiency and low or zero carbon buildings.
- Flair for creative design / out of the box thinking.
- Good hand sketching skills to illustrate ideas and options at concept design stage
- 23 days leave.
- Ongoing CPD and support, including day release.
- Payment 2 x Professional memberships or subscriptions.
- Annual discretionary bonus.
- 37.5 hour working week.
- Employment security; having already secured 80% of their required turnover for 2018.