Senior Electrical Design Engineer
There has been an opening to work for a building services consultancy based in Egham and they are looking for an experienced Senior Electrical Design Engineer to help out with an increase workload.
The practice has a wide range of experience in all types of construction works however they specialise in projects such as high-end retail, travel, leisure, commercial and residential projects that require excellence in design. The practice specialises in demanding construction projects that require a high-quality architectural standards of design.
They are a MEP building services consultancy employing about 40 staff across two offices working together to provide professional engineering expertise. They are currently looking for an permanent Senior Electrical Engineer to join their ranks and help them out with projects.
Senior Electrical Design Engineer’s Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary MEP building services design team, delivering design solutions across a range of projects.
- Attending design and project progress meetings with architects, contractors and end clients when required.
- Capable of managing/running own projects.
- Design of electrical services for building projects including lighting, security (access controls, alarms, CCTV), fire detection systems, telecommunications and LV and HV power distribution.
- Cable calculations and cable tray sizing.
- Lighting calculations.
- Assisting with the writing of specifications.
- Site visits and site surveys.
- Using industry software such as Amtech, Dilaux/Relux, IES, AutoCAD and would preferably have some BIM experience.