Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer with recent large scale, residential design and site based experience to become a core member of our growing company. We are working in collaboration with a large developer and they have retained us to provide a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to assist in the design of a £1B billion mixed use development in NW London.
In addition to Electrical Design, you will also be required to assist with site surveys as you inspect and comment on the quality of the MEP installations, ensuring consistency and quality across this 3500 unit development.
The role will consist of around 50% design and drawing reviews and 50% site inspections, so previous site experience and recent large scale (500+ Units) residential project experience is essential.
- Track record in the successful design and delivery of projects.
- Good understanding of LV and MV and electrical infrastructure.
- Able to design fire alarm, small power, security, PA, Life Safety, containment, access control, Lighting / emergency lighting systems.
- Coordination and spatial planning of electrical services.
- Previous experience in a consultancy or design and build contacting environment.
- Understanding of RIBA and BSRIA BG6 work stages.
- Up to date knowledge of British Standards and current building regulations.
- Able to use Amtech, Dialux and ideally CAD or Revit MEP.
- Sound awareness of BIM.
- Appreciation for Mechanical, Public Health and Sustainability and understanding of how these services impact on Electrical Design.
- Degree qualified in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
Please note as the project is already on site they are looking for someone to be in the role in early March.