Senior Quantity Surveyor
M&E Quantity Surveyor
Your new company
A fabulous opportunity has arisen at an exciting time for the leading M&E Contractor on the South Coast- Working Environments. We have recently undergone a restructure alongside the implementation of key positive changes within the business. With new Commercial and Technical Directors in position it is already clear that we are moving in an exciting direction. Our team is motivated, morale is high and it is a genuinely progressive environment in which to work. Working Environments have projects across a variety of sectors including: Education, Hotels, Leisure, High-End Residential and Commercial. This role will be based from our Head office in Southampton, but it will be necessary for you to divide your time between the head office and sites around the UK.
Your new role
The Commercial Director is looking to compliment and strengthen the team and we are currently seeking a Senior M&E Quantity Surveyor with a proven track record of running and completing multiple M&E services packages on projects ranging from £2m to £20m.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage all commercial and surveying activities to ensure they reflect the requirements of the business and implement the agreed project strategic plan to achieve the current and future agreed performance targets, minimising risk of exposure.
- Manage the surveying activities you are assigned on a daily basis, and as such, be accountable to the Managing Surveyor for their performance.
- Provide weekly financial reports to the Managing Surveyor.
- Manage the projects you are assigned on a daily basis, and as such, be accountable to the Managing Surveyor for their performance.
- Ensure that all commercial activities are delivered to the agreed time / cost / service / specification, presentation and quality.
- Keep and maintain full documentation to ensure that good business practice is achieved and that the company's contractual and corporate responsibilities are discharged.
- Full compliance with commercial team: daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly and general responsibilities
- Full compliance with the company standards and expectations manual.
What you'll need to succeed
Ideally you will have a minimum of five years M&E contracting experience. You should have excellent communication skills, be passionate and able to demonstrate that you take pride in delivering a first class service always striving to build long-term relationships, principles, ethical practices and repeat business.
What you'll get in return
Working within a well-structured and motivated team which is led by a fair and supportive Manager.
A fantastic salary and benefits package are on offer to match your skills and experience.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.