Senior/Principal Mechanical Engineer
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice. Our goal is simple: to be the most highly regarded consultant in the property and construction industry. Delivered through 11 UK offices, the firm employs nearly 500 staff and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
About the role
Due to an increasing workload, we are currently seeking a Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer with sound technical and interpersonal skills, to join our Building Services team in Manchester.
As a Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer, you will be responsible for managing and delivering designs for a wide range of innovative and challenging projects in a variety of sectors, including education, healthcare, defence, blue light, utilities. The right person will also have the opportunity to contribute to the management and development of our Building Services Division.
We are looking to expand our team with an experienced engineer who has a solid design/technical background, as well as strong stakeholder management and presentation skills.
In addition you should also have:
- Chartered Engineer (MCIBSE) status and/or degree level qualification
- Significant experience of mechanical building services / HVAC design (ie. domestic water services, ventilation, heating, cooling)
- Hands on knowledge and understanding of IES, Hevacomp and AutoCAD; experience with Revit MEP is desirable
- Knowledge of current legislation e.g. UK Building Regulations, also Low/Zero Carbon Technologies and BREEAM
Remuneration / benefits
We value and promote a positive work-life balance, and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is really important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive a competitive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance
- Private health insurance (BUPA)
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Professional subscriptions
- Relocation allowance (if applicable)
- Season ticket or car loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
If you are interested in Senior/Principal Mechanical Design Engineer role in Manchester please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, indicating your current remuneration or salary expectations.