The Building Services Research and Information Association (BSRIA) is a knowledge based consultancy, research, test and instrumentation organisation. It provides specialist
services in construction and building services with the mission is to ‘make buildings better’.
To achieve this it enables the building services and construction industries and their clients to
enhance the value of the built environment. It does this by improving the quality of their products and services, the efficiency of their provision and the effectiveness of their operations.
As part of BSRIA’s succession plan, they are appointing a Technical Director. It is intended
that the remit of this role will broaden in due course to include other aspects of the engineering responsibilities. The Technical Director will attend the BSRIA board. The Technical Director will:
- Lead and direct the technical direction and focus of BSRIA both as the role stands at the moment and the shaping of it for the future
- Provide top level technical, engineering and professional decision making that affects all aspects of Company operation and performance
- Have strategic budget responsibility for one or more business units and support teams
- Manage BSRIA technical input to regulatory, legislative and parliamentary activity, including energy policies, Building Regulations and other related initiatives
- Promote BSRIA’s technical capability and reputation at all opportunities externally.
To be considered, candidates must have an Engineering or relevant degree and evidence of continuing professional education or equivalent. You are likely to be a Chartered Engineer and a background of experience in construction or building operations or services is also likely. Appropriate and broad technical and or engineering experience is a prerequisite as is experience of senior and/or Board level participation. We are looking for an innovative and strategic thinker who has good analytical, investigative and decision making capabilities. In addition, you should be a good networker with excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills. This is an exceptional opportunity to contribute your technical expertise in a role that can influence the industry for the future.
The position is being handled by Signium UK. To apply, please email Signium UK, providing your CV and covering letter to ADCV@signium.co.uk and quoting reference 1592 – Technical Director in the subject line.