Salary: Competitive plus excellent flexible benefits scheme including company car, matched pension up to 7.5%, 2x share options and discounts on multiple high street retailers, plus up to 10% off new Kier homes
Reporting into the BIM Manager, this role will focus on fulfilling the Information Manager role across projects implementing BIM Level 2, ensuring compliance with industry standards, Kier policy and meeting client requirements. This person will report progress and highlight any risk to the BIM Manager to ensure support is given to achieve accelerated adoption of digital construction techniques.
- To ensure the distribution and collation of external supply chain capabilities assessments for relevant project(s).
- Ensure Employers Information Requirements and Asset Information Requirements are responded to and delivered.
- Ensure that the BIM Execution Plan is being observed.
- Ensure the use of the common data environment to manage and exchanging information, adhering to the methodology of BS 1192:2007+A2:2016 across project(s).
- Supporting the project team(s) with fulfilling standards, methods and procedures using specified software and workflows.
- Contribute content towards the production of monthly reports to identify and measure BIM implementation within the business unit and across projects.
- Observe the digital information plan/strategies that are being implemented for business unit/project and provide feedback to BIM Manager to ensure progress is being made.
- Raise awareness and inform others of BIM within business unit/project functional departments including Business Development, Work Winning, Estimating, Design Management, Building Services, Commercial, Planning, Operational and SHEA.
- Follow the defined processes, documentation and methodology for delivering BIM in line with company certification and feedback recommendations for improvements.
- Create case studies for the business unit/project
- Supporting cultural change within the business unit/project to embrace new technologies and processes.
- Support the business unit/project BIM/digital champions with implementation, sharing best practice and in workshop sessions
- Assisting with the alignment, assurance, training initiatives, marketing and internal/external communications relating to BIM for the business unit/project.
- Provide feedback to business unit/project BIM Manager for inclusion at Digital Construction Forums
- Promoting Kier's capabilities throughout the supply chain.
- Attend industry groups/events.
- To ensure projects are supported adequately with respect to hardware/software deployment
- Ensure any new innovations are fed back into the appropriate business unit/project platform.
- A good communicator and able to build positive working relationships, internally and with the supply chain.
- Sound understanding of the BS & PAS 1192 suite of standards and related ISOs.
- Ability to coordinate and manage own workload supporting project delivery.
- Resilient, positive & confident character
- Enthusiastic and keen to use new technologies to improve traditional ways of working
- Innovate by sharing ideas and challenging standard practices
- Understanding and experience of appropriate software tools to view and interrogate models
- Proficient skills in standard Microsoft office suite
Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being collaborative, enthusiastic and forward thinking. We all have the potential to shape our world, and it’s through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy. Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture.
Kier is an inclusive employer.
Let’s shape your world together.