Senior Mechanical Engineer
Multidisciplinary engineering consultancy employing circa 500 people across the UK, now has a vacancy available for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join its Building Services design team in Central London (Farringdon).
- £50,000 to £60,000 plus benefits package
- Trading for over 50 years
- Over 10 UK office locations
- Services include building services engineering, sustainability, civil & structural engineering, transport planning, highway engineering, geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering, acoustics, ecology and asbestos management
- Wide variety of project sectors such as commercial, residential, mixed use, education, healthcare, industrial and scientific
- Excellent training and career development opportunities along with a friendly and collaborative working environment
- To oversee a number of design projects at a time.
- Oversee and demonstrate the delivery of mechanical HVAC design of projects from inception through to completion, including concept and detailed design, meeting with clients and installation and commissioning.
- Responsibility for mechanical HVAC design, commercial and financial management, and resourcing for the projects under your control
- Set out and work to commercial plans for your projects, i.e. fee schedules against key milestones.
- Ensuring mechanical engineering designs are in accordance with the client’s brief and project requirements.
- Technical and QA reviews of mechanical design packages and ensure full coordination with electrical counterparts.
- The mechanical engineer will maintain good technical knowledge of the industry and relevant building services design and industry standards.
- Possess good commercial awareness on project fees and the cost to deliver design services ensuring work is delivered within budget.
- Possess good technical knowledge of the industry and relevant building services design, industry standards and capable of incorporating those into any project.
- Maintain good client and design team relationships.