Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
My client are a National Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Consultancy at the forefront of design solutions, Based in Manchester, they focus on mechanical and electrical engineering, environmental design, fire protection, infrastructure, survey works and are currently looking for a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer to join them in their head office.
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you duties will include:
- detailing mechanical building services design calculations using a variety of techniques, including manual hand calculations and Excel spreadsheets
- delivering detailed mechanical building services design as part of the design team.
- Corresponding with professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project teams
- Surveying mechanical building services to advise on their suitability for continued use
- Deliverance of engineering solutions to client budgets and programmes
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact and reduce the carbon footprint
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
- It would be advantageous to have experience with HevaComp or thermal modelling experience and have used to undertake heating/cooling and other calculations.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Requirements
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years in Mechanical design for Building Services
- Ability to run multiple projects at one time
- Good working knowledge of IES, Hevacomp and AutoCAD
- Proven track record in delivery projects on time and within budget
- CEng or working towards