Mechanical Design Engineer
My client are a National Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Consultancy at the forefront of design solutions, Based in Manchester, they focus on mechanical and electrical engineering, environmental design, fire protection, infrastructure, survey works and are currently looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join them in their head office.
Mechanical Design Engineer duties will include:
- Delivering detailed designs as part of an integral team
- Designing site-specific equipment as required
- Using CAD software and other resources to design the systems required for the project
- Overseeing and supervising the installation of building systems and specifying maintenance and operating procedures
corresponding with other professionals, including structural engineers, architects, surveyors, and contractors of in-house and external project team
- Attending a range of project group and technical meetings
- Ensuring the design and maintenance of building systems upholds to the legislative and health and safety requirements
- Advising clients and architects on energy use and conservation in a range of buildings and sites, aiming to minimise the environmental impact
- It would be advantageous to have experience with HevaComp or thermal modelling experience and have used to undertake heating/cooling and other calculations.
Mechanical Design Engineer Requirements:
- Membership of a professional institution (Cibse)
- Degree qualified Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer with a minimum of 4 years relevant experience.
- Health & Safety, CDM, Building Regulation legislation knowledge
- Possess the ability to produce scale drawings using AutoCAD
- Excellent IT skills using MS Office packages.