Senior Electrical Design Engineer
We are working with an innovative, global Building Services Consultancy to find them a Senior Electrical Design Engineer for their vibrant, open plan London studio. Established a decade ago they continue to partner with signature architects on a range of award winning and unique projects across the UK and internationally with recent projects commissioned in Central Europe and Africa and Australasia.
Offering a clear route to Partnership, a flat structure, a fascinating range of projects and no office politics, this role will appeal to a creative Senior Electrical Design Engineer who is passionate about designing innovative, functional and unique buildings.
Reporting to a Director you will responsible for;
- Designing, managing and delivery of projects from feasibility to practical completion.
- Collaborating with signature architects on competitions.
- Mentoring and monitoring the performance of the Electrical team.
- Actively encourage out of the box thinking rather than just "Copy and paste" type engineering.
- Assuming financial responsibility for all projects under your control.
- Monitoring and controlling projects on site.
- Assisting with resource planning and fee allocation.
- Maintaining a hands-on approach to design on projects.
This role would suit a Senior Electrical Design Engineer who wants to work in a close-knit, friendly and social team of Engineers on a range of unique projects from planning to post construction. You will have the opportunity of being instrumental in shaping the future of the business and you will also be rewarded for any additional revenue streams or clients that you bring into the practice.
- Degree qualified and preferably Chartered.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in Building Services.
- Previous experience designing projects.
- Able to convoy concept designs using hand sketches.
- Good understanding of high performance building design and BIM.
- Comfortable in a client facing role, able to build rapport quickly with clients, architects, developers and colleagues.
- 37.5 hour working week with a flexible start time allowed.
- 24 days holiday per year,
- Matched Pension up to 5%
- Private Healthcare
- Support and assistance to become a Chartered Engineer.
- Annual performance based, discretionary bonus
- Payment of 1 x Professional membership