We are working with a large, privately owned global multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy based in London to find them a commercially aware, Electrical Technical Director for their London office.
Reporting to the Senior Management board you will be responsible for leading the technical growth and development of the team, implementing best practices, assisting with business development (this may include securing repeat business from existing clients) and ensuring that all projects under your control remain profitable and meet the client's expectations.
Working in a multi-disciplinary team of around 250 Engineers you will get involved in a variety of UK and international projects and enjoy seeing the majority of your projects from Stage 1 to 5.
Core duties will include;
- Meeting clients and understanding their project requirements and scope.
- Reviewing current resources and assisting in the recruitment of additional engineers to meet the client's requirements.
- Reviewing current standards, specifications and policies and suggesting best practices.
- Mentoring the team of Electrical Engineers to ensure every Engineer is operating at their full potential and feels that their strengths are being fully utilised.
- Supervising the design deliverables and ensuring the team produces high quality design that meet the client's requirements and projects deliverables
- Providing a QA function on the work produced by the team before it's issued to the client or design team.
- Contribute to promote the firm's other services and promote a "turn-key" solution to clients.
- Actively collaborate with other internal disciplines and promote cross selling of services.
- Prepare and deliver a monthly report highlighting project progress, remaining fees, challenges and coordination issues on projects.
- Degree qualified in Electrical or Building Services.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in the Building Services industry.
- Sound technical skills including an awareness of both CIBSE and ASHRAE standards.
- Previous experience in designing and delivering a variety of projects from concept to construction.
- Good commercial acumen and ability to establish rapport easily.
- Good awareness of other engineering disciplines and an appreciation of Sustainable Design and BIM.
- Previous UK and international project experience.
- 25 days holidays
- Car allowance
- Private medical insurance
- 4 x Life assurance
- Payment of 2 x Professional Memberships
More searches like this
- Building services (general) Project Management jobs in South East England
- Electrical engineering Project Management jobs in South East England
- Environmental engineering Project Management jobs in South East England
- Lighting Project Management jobs in South East England
- Sustainability Project Management jobs in South East England