Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
Associate Mechanical Design Engineer - £70 – 80k + Car Allowance + Package
I am currently working with a leading international, multi – disciplinary consultancy based in central London who are looking to add an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer to their commercial team.
They currently operate all over the world and have delivered a number or highly technical, large scale projects within a number of sectors.
As an Associate Mechanical Design Engineer within the London office you will take a lead role in providing both business development and technical / team leadership for MEP related projects. Due to their global reach you could find yourself leading projects both in the UK and overseas.
Responsibilities of the Associate Mechanical Design Engineer
- Responsible for the continued development of the Commercial Market, with an ability to contribute to opportunities throughout the UK, with a particular focus on London and the SE
- Develop existing Client contacts to maintain and develop Client base
- Be able to ‘own’ the necessary responses to project opportunities and provide both strategic & specific input into bids and proposals. Successful in identifying and following through on leads associated with new and existing clients. Able to discuss the operating and business unit technologies and markets
- Responsible for the preparation of fee proposals for submission to potential Clients with an ability to realistically estimate pricing and produce successful responses to bids across a range of expertise
- Maintain some responsibility for effective delivery of engineering project teams, including providing technical input and supervision of others within the Building Services team
- Undertake periodic project reviews to ensure technical and programme constraints are met. Detailed knowledge of multi-discipline design process
- Undertake Client/Design Team briefings to establish project criteria
- Involved in the preparation of reports, designs, specifications and contract documents
- Promote and incorporate sustainable design wherever possible
- Promote and improve inter-discipline working within the Building Design division (Architecture, Building Surveying, Civil and Structural Engineering)
- Operate the Quality Assurance system, quality control and document management in line with current policy
- Assisting in the monitoring of and reporting on capital and fee expenditure
- Degree in Building Services / Mechanical / Electrical Engineering (or equivalent qualification)
- Chartered Engineer
- Experience working in a design consultancy, with experience of business development as well as design (concept, scheme and detail design across a range of sectors)
- Ability to manage projects and design commissions relating to building services including project finances.
- Financial awareness and the ability to control project finances
- Effective team worker, contributing to the team and wider objectives
This opportunity will be perfect for someone who is looking to take that next step in their career and work for one of the most well respected consultancies in the world.
For more info please contact Matt on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07711 370552