Hard Services Manager
Empiric Student Property is one of the most innovative and fast-growing companies in the student residential sector. The internally managed UK REIT provides premium accommodation for over 8,000 students in university towns and cities across the UK. In order to retain the best student experience, Empiric launched their own management platform, Hello Student, with the aim of connecting students to assets through one brand and one high quality approach to management.
The Hard Services Manager is responsible for supporting the technical service functions within a large portfolio of Student accommodation nationwide.
- Lead the M&E technical service delivery across our large portfolio of student accommodation nationally. Liaising and working alongside our site management teams and relevant heads of departments.
- Source and procure national and local contracts to ensure all sites are covered with all our statutory and legislative commitments.
- Create technical specifications to ensure long life management of assets, best value for money, adequate scope of maintenance in terms of frequencies, tasks, PPM and repairs.
- Oversee and create a set of Operating Manuals for every asset, ensuring the building book is complete and fully compliant.
- Apportion necessary technical information (replenishment, frequencies, periods of replacement, estimated costs, etc) to build a Total Cost of Ownership, Investments plans and Life Cycle per asset and building.
- Control budgets and service delivery across the portfolio, establishing ‘value for money’ strategies for delivery technical services.
- Define the PPM regime for the properties across the portfolio.
- Manage service providers and monitor performance against SLAs and KPIs.
- Make clear decisions and direct contractors for all reactive works nationally.
- Support regional technicians with technical aspects and maintenance plans.
- Support the Development team to monitor construction processes, check O&M and commissioning certificates, and assess during construction to ensure buildings are for purpose and practical completion is smooth and timely.
- Complete engineering site surveys and audits.
- Provide technical support to the operational team.
- Although the primary focus of the role is technical service, you will work within the FM department and extremely closely with Operations, Asset Management, H&S, so together you will be responsible for delivering excellent services and surpassing customer expectation at all times.
- Build and manage all asset lists within the Portfolio, ensuring that any new plant is added to ensure complete asset coverage.
- Manage the associated M&E tasks from the company risk register, ensure quotes obtained and works are agreed before commencing.
- This is a new role and will require site visits initially to ensure we have correct asset registers and relevant photos to back this up.
Experience and Skills Expected:
To be considered you will already have:
- Engineering Degree (Mechanical/Electrical/Building Services)
- IOSH certification
- Managing and operating at a technical level in a pressurised environment
- Ability to communicate well with others, excellent interpersonal skills
- A keen eye for detail
- A flexible approach and a sense of team work
- Financially astute with a strong commercial/technical focus applied within a large organisation.
- Significant experience delivering large scale PPM works alongside smaller reactive works
- Good IT skills
- Contract management experience
- Project Management
- Excellent Excel skills
- Energy Management experience
- Analytical mind who can bring clarity to complex and time pressurise situations
- Life cycle costs
More searches like this
- Building services (general) Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Electrical engineering Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Energy assessment Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Facilities Management Project Management jobs in London (Central)
- Maintenance management Project Management jobs in London (Central)