Building Services Design Engineer
EVORA EDGE is the technical engineering division of EVORA, a sustainability consultancy operating principally within the commercial real estate sector. Our clients include some of the UK’s largest property companies and funds.
The company has offices in Central London, Bolton and Shrewsbury and the successful applicant will be required to travel throughout the UK, based from one of our offices.
As part of our continuing growth strategy we are looking to appoint, at a senior level, a Building Services Design Engineer.
The role will require a direct input into our business development plan, including client management and recruitment.
Ideally a Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) member or the Institution of Mechanical Engineering (IMechE). With 3 to 5 years Post Qualification Experience.
Key skills will include design of electrical and HVAC systems and a good working knowledge of Building Services within the commercial property sector.
The Building Services Design Engineer’s duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Producing Mechanical & Electrical (M&E) Designs & Drawings using AutoCAD software
- Designing the layout of electrical and mechanical distribution circuits
- Carrying out tests on systems and making changes to plans where necessary
- Monitoring the installation of services, witness testing and managing their maintenance once the building is completed
- Making sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation
- Negotiating contracts with clients, particularly in consultancy work
- Liaising with plumbers, electricians, surveyors, architectural technologists and other construction professionals
- The ability to conceptualise the best and most efficient way of detailing a design solution
- Giving presentations and writing reports highlighting the practical implications of design(s)
- Assisting in developing engineering designs to achieve client aspirations in respect of sustainability and energy management targets
- Promoting energy efficiency and other sustainability initiatives
- Communicating and co-ordinating project works with contractors, building managers, tenants and other stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining management systems and procedures for overall project management tasks
- Managing teams of external consultants and contractors
- Assisting in the delivery of all aspects of M&E services refurbishment and new installation projects; working to a programme, budget and specification to include commissioning and post occupancy evaluation processes
The right candidate must have the following essential skills:
- An engineering degree and a minimum of 3 years of engineering experience, or:
- A non-cognate graduate with a minimum of 3-5 years of engineering experience and recognised engineering accreditations (such as MCIBSE etc.)
- AutoCAD M&E
- An understanding of UK construction contracts and processes is essential
- An aspiration to deliver engineering excellence with a focus on sustainability within design.
It would be beneficial, but not essential, for the right candidate to have:
- A sound understanding of electrical engineering is desirable
- An understanding of BIM processes including REVIT and COBIE is desirable