Area Facilities Manager
We are seeking a Regional/Area Facilities Manager to manage the property maintenance of all sites within the area of responsibility and operate as the immediate escalation point for site level operational and delivery issues.
You will be working for a key player in the hard FM sector in delivering modern and prestigious MoD Estates service contracts across the whole of the UK.
Based in Northolt, South Ruislip covering a cluster of sites centred around this location, you will receive a competitive starting salary, career progression and training opportunities.
As an experienced Facilities Manager you will have significant experience in management to manage the team and Supply Chain performance to ensure that all statutory, mandatory and reactive performance indicators are consistently achieved with the area.
Some of the key duties/responsibilities as an Area Facilities Manager will include:
* Manage service delivery of all maintenance and response works in accordance with legislation and MoD Mandatory requirements, complying with Health and Safety end Environmental standards and policies.
* Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place
* Ensure all documentation relating to maintenance is distributed and recorded against the appropriate assets.
* Identify risks and provide appropriate measures to mitigate impact.
* Drive service improvement through detailed analysis and understanding root cause. Provide clear improvement plans to demonstrate robust improvement actions.
* Manage the performance and interface with the Helpdesk across the Area for Occupancy Management and Estate Management.
* Undertaking inspections to ensure quality standards, both in terms of workmanship and materials, are maintained.
Skills and experience required for the role of Area Facilities Manager:
Significant practical management in Construction, Property Maintenance or related field including:
* Leading and operational team to achieve KPI's
* Maintaining strong relations with the customer and meeting customer expectations
* Planning, directing and controlling activities
* Proactive performance management of Supply Chain
* Experience of leading multi -site operations
* Strong negotiation, communication and interpersonal skills
Training and Qualifications required
* HNC or equivalent, in a Building/Civil Engineering or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
* Management level qualification in H&S and Environment (eg SMSTS).
In terms of the person specification you will be driven, inspiring and strive to set and maintain high standards in all areas of work. You will be pro-active, flexible and possess strong problem-solving skills.
Typical backgrounds can include; facilities management, service/contract delivery management or relevant experience in the RAF, Army or military services.
For more information please call Ian on 0113 457 0079