Building Maintenance Officer
Your new company
To provide the Building Maintenance quality checking services required in connection with the Reactive and Planned Maintenance Programme ensuring compliance to the contract specification and reporting and monitoring the construction related Key Performance Indicators. The Maintenance programme covers RBC Corporate and Commercial Properties and other local Authority Properties that form part of a partnering agreement.
Your new role
The contract works relate to planned and reactive maintenance of the Councils operational corporate properties.
1) The prime duty of the post holder will be the inspection of the works in relation to: -
a) Specification and regulation compliance
b) quality control of installation products and workmanship
c) checking that the contractor has exercised due regard to the properties, fixtures and fittings and the maintenance of essential services.
d) reasonable and regular progressing of the works
e) observance and reporting of any unsafe practices
f) checking and monitoring against identified Key Performance Indicators.
g) Control of I.T. records for KPI results and other departmental systems.
2) Liaison with Building Services, Client Officers from several departments and contractors.
3) Assisting in the co-ordination of works between client and contractor and where necessary Building Services. 4) Maintain records of inspections approvals instructions, etc.
5) The inspection of completed works data sheets and other contract progress document.
6) Assist with facilities management tasks within the Civic Offices.
7) Logging and reporting performance against agreed Key Performance Indicators.
What you'll need to succeed
Trade person, i.e. electrical, joinery or plumbing background
HND/HNC in Building Studies or Junior Building Surveyor studying to become qualified Surveyor
Experience & Knowledge
Experience and knowledge of building industry trades.
Local government experience
Working knowledge of H & S and statutory regulations.
Able to carry out building surveys
Ability to write reports
Car owner driver. Willingness to be on Standby Duty Rota approx. 1 week in 3 Reliable and punctual
What you'll get in return
5 Years worth of work
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.