Principal Electrical Design Engineer
Are you a Senior Electrical Engineer looking to make the jump up to Principal with a well-known Building Services consultancy?
The client that we are currently working with are an award-winning consultancy and highly accredited, they have offices strategically placed across the country and work on a range of different projects spanning a variety of sectors. They are currently looking for an innovative and unique Principal Electrical Engineer to come and join them in their Birmingham based office to come and work on some of their more high-profile projects.
As a Principal Electrical Engineer, you will be working as the lead member of a team, taking briefs from the Partner/ Team Leader, working under own initiative to deliver projects from inception to completion. Undertaking surveys and providing and/or reviewing designs and specifications of systems in primary engineering discipline. You will be delivering projects and design outputs on time within budget and to the clients needs. You will be responsible for the development of new business as well as maintaining existing client relationships. You will also be responsible for the integration of all other building services following a holistic approach.
Principal Electrical Engineer Requirements:
Degree qualified and having completed several major projects from inception to competition
- Chartered status (or working towards Chartered status) or equivalent experience
- Strong technical knowledge in primary engineering discipline and relevant UK and EU regulations, design guides, etc
- Good understanding of the secondary engineering discipline
- IT literate with a technical understanding of relevant IT packages i.e. Amtec, Hevacomp, IES and Microsoft office
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- Able to work under own initiative
- Professional, personable and competent manner
- Able to work as part of a team as well as ability to effectively lead, direct and mentor individuals within and outside of the HL team
- Good organisational and planning skills
- Experience of working to timescales and deadlines
- Solid knowledge of contract administration, procurement and conditions of contract
- Have an appreciation of fee cost control and resource planning.
- Able to develop effective relationships with well-developed interpersonal and influencing skills
If you are interested in being a Principal Electrical Engineer with this prestigious Consultancy then apply now or get in touch with