Technician - Day Maintenance
EDF Energy is a core part of the EDF Group, one of the largest energy companies in Europe with key business operations in the UK, France, Italy, Belgium and Poland. We are the UK’s leading generator and supplier of low carbon energy, producing around one-fifth of the nation’s electricity and employing more than 15,000 people. We operate nuclear, coal and gas power stations, wind farms, and combined heat & power plants. We have a focus on safe, dependable energy generation and an ethos of service excellence. We intend to play a leading role in new nuclear build in the UK and secure a bright future for the combined business and its employees.
Nature and Scope
- Maintenance technicians are highly motivated nuclear professionals focussed on delivering high levels of plant availability through timely value added maintenance of the plant
- Maintenance technicians work within teams under direction from their team leader.
- Maintenance will understand the planned duration of their work and provide regular updates to the team leader
- Maintenance technicians with communicate directly with the Central Control Room when required
- To carry out routine maintenance on electrical, mechanical or control and instrumentation plant on a nuclear power station
- To carry out all maintenance activities safely, in accordance with procedures
- To complete maintenance records in a timely manner
- To ensure maintenance activities do not affect the environment
- To provide feedback to improve the effectiveness of the maintenance programme
- To report safety, environmental and plant issues in a timely manner.
- To actively participate in personal performance appraisals and take ownership of delivering personal development plans.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
As a minimum, entrants will be educated to GCSE/National Qualifications standards, (or equivalent). Candidates with these qualifications that include C passes in Maths and English may have an advantage.
Progression beyond Platform 2 threshold would normally be available for staff with City and Guilds NCQ3 in a maintenance discipline.
Specific skills are described in the Maintain Technician competence model.
Maintenance technicians will be experienced in power plant maintenance.