Assistant Project Manager (Mechanical or Electrical) Kent
X2 Technical Officers (Mechanical & Electrical) Based: Medway, Kent Salary £30,000 to £35,000 + Package
To provide project, technical, financial, and administrative support to the Infrastructure Project Management team, across the contract, focusing on electrical engineering systems project delivery.
- Provision of a range of technical support activities to Electrical systems projects across the Estate, including planning, resource allocation, and budget management
- Identification, development and implementation of a wide range of technical Electrical projects, supporting the company's contract obligations for asset management, and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance
- Preparation of supporting documentation for projects from feasibility assessments to post completion stages, such as business cases and cost / spend analysis
- Project impact assessment, surveys and options appraisal of Electrical systems projects, including SWOT analysis and summary reporting to management team
- Co-ordination of Electrical system projects with annual asset management and maintenance management planning, including planned preventative maintenance plans
- Attendance at site project meetings as required, ensuring accurate recording of minutes and actions agreed
- Management of project financial processes and procedures including invoicing and purchase orders, liaison with credit control and monitoring of payments and transactions with contractors consultants and third parties
- Support to and co-ordination of project procurement processes, including supplier selection and evaluation of tenders
- Preparation and production of project contract documentation, co-ordinating with other teams and departments across the company as required, under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Co-ordination, supervision, and monitoring of contractor support to ongoing Electrical systems projects, as well as consultant and third party inputs, including spot checks, and contract performance monitoring, ensuring company requirements for consistently high standards of quality and value are delivered
- Ensure all project management activities are compliant with all relevant health and safety regulations and industry good practice
- Day to day operational support to the Project Manager and wider teams as required
- Attendance and completion of company training and development courses as required
- Commitment to keep up to date with professional development (CPD) in industry developments in technical disciplines relevant to role and ensure company health, safety and environmental procedures are implemented and complied with at all times.
Qualifications and Experience Essential:
- City & Guilds Electrical Engineering (minimum level 2), construction project management qualification, such as CIBSE, accredited, or similar comparable qualification related to professional management in the built environment
- Minimum three years' experience in project management related environment with strong technical knowledge of building services engineering, with a Electrical systems bias
- Membership of relevant industry body such as APM and computer literate in a range of Microsoft Office packages
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the Construction Design & Management (CDM) Regulations 2015 and amendments
- Experience in the application of project management practical techniques to enable monitoring and control of multiple programmes and projects and evidence of successful delivery of building services and construction related projects
- Experience in producing and evaluating Risk Assessments & Method Statements (RAMS) and
- Good working knowledge of construction and property contracts, and ability to give advice on the same to senior colleagues
- Hold a current CSCS card and driving licence suitable for use in the UK with proven track record of working within a busy customer focused organisation
- Experience in providing technical support on construction / property projects and qualified IOSH Managing Safely
- Knowledge of Joint Services Publication (JSP) Documents
- Experience of working in a team to deliver successful projects on time and to budget, with demonstrable ability to prioritise and co-ordinate multiple work streams
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral, and awareness of appropriate use of social media in the workplace
- Flexible approach to working outside normal working hours and taking part in the On-Call rota where required
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to build positive working relationships
- Experience of handling conflict and managing sensitive issues to achieve positive outcomes
- Customer focused with the ability to build positive working relationships; innovative with improvement and change focus
ALL APPLICANTS MUST HAVE THE LEGAL RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK, SUBJECT TO SATISFACTORY BPSS CLEARANCE AND 5 YEAR REFERENCE CHECKS.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.