Associate Director - Building Services Engineering
2 days left
- Full Time
Pick Everard is a leading independent, multi-professional consultancy practice. Our goal is simple: to be the most highly regarded consultant in the property and construction industry. Delivered through 11 UK offices, the firm employs nearly 500 staff and has operated for over 150 years within the UK property market.
About the role
We are currently looking to appoint an Associate Director or Director in our Glasgow office, to lead and develop further our Building Services Engineering business in the Central Belt of Scotland.
You will be responsible for a team of Building Services Engineers and Technicians, as well as delivery of a wide range of innovative and challenging projects in a variety of sectors – with a strong focus on working with our existing public sector clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Key account management, ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction
- Undertaking business development activities including leading bid and presentation teams
- Financial management and control
- Monitoring staff performance including undertaking annual appraisals, setting objectives and maintaining a productive, cohesive and profitable team
- Liaising and engaging with other parts of the business and discipline leads to ensure quality and performance is maintained
We are seeking an experienced design engineer who has a solid design/technical background, as well as strong stakeholder management and presentation skills.
In addition you should also have:
- Significant experience of building services design gained in a consultancy environment
- Professional qualification (MCIBSE, MIET) or similar level of professional capability achieved through experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of current legislation e.g. UK Building Regulations, also Low/Zero Carbon Technologies and BREEAM
- Excellent organisational and communication attributes
- Strong leadership characteristics
The position will require frequent travel to meetings within the Central Belt and Highlands, and occasionally to other parts of the UK, therefore a full UK driving licence will also be essential.
We value and promote a positive work-life balance and encourage every member of our team to get involved with charity, sports, community and company events. Providing a balanced, enjoyable career is important to us, and we work hard to make sure everyone feels a valued part of our organisation.
You will receive an attractive salary that will match your skills and experience, as well as the following benefits:
- Stakeholder pension
- Private healthcare
- Life assurance
- Car allowance
- 26 days’ annual leave + Bank Holidays + option to buy up to 5 days’ additional leave
- Discretionary bonus / divisional profit share
- Professional subscriptions
- Childcare vouchers
If you are interested in this Building Services Engineering Director / Associate Director opportunity in Glasgow please apply below with your CV and a covering letter, clearly stating your current remuneration and/or salary expectations.