Public Health Design Engineer
Design, manage and supervise projects, designated by your Director /Group Leader. Assume role of design team leader as required, co-ordinating with other engineering disciplines. Carry out detailed design in accordance with industry guides. To provide consistent and accurate technical design and calculations. Prepare specifications, reports, and design drawings, budget costs to programme. Supervise project works on site, workmanship and testing.
- Design, manage and supervise projects, establish client brief, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans and agree deliverables, i.e. reports, specifications and drawings scope for all projects with your Group Leader.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Group Leader, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Assist Group Leader with monitoring engineering/CAD resource requirement for each project within your control.
- Carry out engineering concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liase with the design team to produce co-ordinated designs that are technically compliant, to a consistent quality and standard. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular 'in house' design reviews and checks.
- Monitor and control project progress, design variations and project financial budgets.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of satisfaction and repeat business, to achieve excellent Customer Satisfaction of 100%
- Pursue new business opportunities where appropriate with existing and new clients.
Experience & Qualifications
- Membership of a professional engineering body (working towards Chartered Engineer 1-2 years).
- Minimum 8-10 years experience - technically competent.
- Good communication/presentation skills.
- Understand client requirements/objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of statutory legislation and standards.
- Develop management skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.