Head of Sustainability (BREEAM qualified)
Purpose of Job Undertake as an BRE licensed Assessor, Sustainability Assessments; manage and deliver throughout the life of each project using BREEAM 2008 through to present:
* BREEAM Commercial (Offices, Retail, Industrial)
* BREEAM Other Buildings (including leisure, community bldgs, hotels, cinemas etc)
* BREEAM Multi-Residential (care homes, student accommodation, serviced apartments etc)
* BREEAM Domestic Refurbishment (residential conversions)
* Code for Sustainable Homes (CSH) Undertake
Pre-assessment, Design Stage & Post Construction stage assessments through to certification. Production of Sustainability Statements and Energy Strategy reports for Planning. Provide sustainability related consultancy to clients and design teams. Manage fee quotes in a structured manner, using in house fee structure.
- Production of Fee quotations for Sustainability services, having a good understanding of time required to complete tasks relative to each fee.
- To undertake Sustainability Assessments to meet local and national Planning requirements and the GLA.
- Agree level of service, and project design duties with your Director, for each project, understand relationship with fee.
- Chair sustainability review meetings within the design team, providing advice how commercially to best achieve the targets set out.
- Act as the Sustainability Champion for projects and within the practice.
- Work with our MEP engineers to carry out concept design to detailed design, tender and contract on site supervision, to completion, ensuring projects are undertaken in accordance with sustainability design briefs and that completion deadlines are achieved.
- Liase with the design team to facilitate the process of sustainability measures. Provide positive contribution to design/project meetings. Maintain regular 'in house' design reviews and checks with a bias towards sustainability.
- Monitor and control project fee expenditure and manage change and identity additional design fees where appropriate.
- Monitor contract staff or third party appointments.
- Maintain excellent client and design team relationships to achieve high levels of repeat business, and achieve 100% Customer Satisfaction.
- Pursue new business opportunities, where appropriate, with existing and new clients.
- When acting as project team leader, co-ordinate with other project disciplines.
- Assist Directors with identifying and implementing your personal training/CPD requirements. Help develop working practices in the Company.
- Implement and manage QA systems and procedures on all projects.
- Implement Company Health and Safety.
- Assist with maintaining in-house Sustainability Standards.
- Understand and have working knowledge of RICS Ska Rating, LEED and
- other sustainability assessment procedures.
- Undertake SAP energy calculations, have working knowledge of the
- production of EPCs.
Experience & Qualifications
- BREEAM & CSH Assessor Qualifications (as above)
- Experience of taking BREEAM and CSH assessments through to certification.
- Be a BREEAM Accredited Professional or be capable of achieving BREEAM
- AP status.
- Minimum 5 years experience - technically competent.
- Good communication/presentation skills.
- Understand client requirements/objectives.
- Thorough knowledge of the sustainability related statutory legislation,
- standards, and drivers in the construction industry.
- Develop management skills.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.