Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer
Title: Electical Design Engineer
Industry: Building Services
Location: Central London
Salary: £36,000 – £43,000 p/a + benefits
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently working closely with an innovative, dynamic and award-winning international consultancy who are looking to expand their MEP team in line with the sustained period of growth they are experiencing with both new clients and new projects to work with. As a result of this, a superb opportunity has now arisen for a confident and ambitious Electrical Design Engineer who has a strong Building Services background to complement their current array of young talent further.
The consultancy place a high emphasis on rewarding your hard-work and aptitude and offer excellent career progression and professional development opportunities, with full support afforded to you from day one.
As an Electrical Design Engineer, you will play an integral part in the success of the business within the Hampshire office and become a valued member of their team.
- Degree-qualified in Electrical Engineering or Building Services Engineering
- Minimum 4 years’ Electrical Design experience in the UK/Ireland Building Services industry
- Excellent technical knowledge of Electrical Services Design
- Software proficiency in multiple of the following: AutoCAD, Dialux / Relux, Amtech, Revit
- Project experience across a variety of sectors (commercial, residential, leisure/hospitality etc)
- You should be confident in working independently and taking a lead role on projects. The view would be for you to move up to a Senior grade once proven.
- You will be involved in projects from inception through to completion with duties involving calculations, specifications, reports, surveys, drawings mark ups and computer-aided design
- You will be able to take a lead role on smaller/medium sized projects including Electrical design, project management, attendance at design team meetings & site meetings, and responsibility for project delivery.
- Interacting with clients to establish briefs, recommending solutions and ensuring satisfaction
- Management and mentoring of Junior Engineers and CAD/BIM Technician’s
- A friendly, outgoing and positive working environment with great social events and team camaraderie – including two international social trips a year all paid for to let your hair down!
- Flexible working hours are available
- Company profit-share scheme TBC
If you are interested in discussing this role in more detail, please call Natasha Ward on 01489 774010 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org