Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Highfield Professional Solutions are currently working closely with an innovative, dynamic and award-winning independent consultancy who are looking to expand their accomplished team in line with the sustained period of growth they are experiencing with both new clients and new projects to work with. As a result of this, a superb opportunity has now arisen for a contract Senior Mechanical Design Engineer who has a strong Building Services background.
You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and internationally. You will take the lead on small projects up to the value of £10million, and support larger projects, with values of £250million+. Projects span across sectors including Residential, Commercial, Retail and Further Education.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer, you will play an integral part in the success of the business and become a valued member of their team.
• Degree qualified Mechanical Engineer
• Chartered or near Chartered Engineer with IMechE
• Over 5 years' post graduate experience
• MS Office Proficient
• A full driving licence
• Building services experience sector including HVAC, potable water systems, fire suppression systems, Part L of the building regulations would be advantageous however not essential
- You will be involved in projects from inception through to completion with duties involving calculations, specifications, reports, surveys, drawings mark ups and computer-aided design
- You will be able to take a lead role on smaller/medium sized projects including Mechanical design, project management, attendance at design team meetings & site meetings, and responsibility for project delivery.
- Interacting with clients to establish briefs, recommending solutions and ensuring satisfaction
- Management and mentoring of Junior Engineers and CAD/BIM Technician’s
- Flexible working hours/days are available
37 hours per week rate circa £35-£37.50 an hour
If you are interested to discuss this position in more detail please call Darryll Gibson on 01489 774010 or alternatively email on firstname.lastname@example.org