Senior Mechanical Project Manager (Heating)
Your new company
As well as leading the team the Senior Project Manager will also manage some of our larger commercial heating installation projects from tender to completion. The successful person will have a technical knowledge of commercial heating systems to enable accurate pricing and management of installation projects. The ability to manage multiple projects and internal and external stakeholders is vital. We need someone who can lead the team but will also get stuck in managing their own projects and complete tenders.
Key responsibilities include:
* Tendering of project works and costing of contract variations
* Management of subcontractors on site
* Procurement of materials and subcontractors
* Ongoing communication with clients/consultants throughout the project duration
* Cash flow forecasts and preparation of monthly valuations for clients
* Vetting subcontractor and materials invoices
We're looking for someone with:
* A previous track record of successfully delivering projects on time, to budget and of a high quality
* Strong technical knowledge of the commercial heating industry
* An understanding of contract law
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* A proven ability to meet multiple deadlines
* Excellent organisational skills
* A positive and proactive attitude with a solution focused approach
* Experience of managing a team is desirable but not essential.
Your new role
The ideal person will work closely with our MD to develop and grow the department. Salary is £60-£65k with a car allowance. It would suit a Project Manager looking for the next step up.
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate will have a HND or HNC in Plant Engineering or a degree in Mechanical Building Services.
What you'll get in return
Excellent Salary & Package with real route to progression within a growing company
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call Jamie John on 02084646678.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.