Operations Manager - Engineering (Water and M&E)
Operations Manager - Engineering (Water and M&E) £45k to £55k + Package East Grinstead
Operations Manager - Engineering (Water and M&E) Location: East Grinstead - RH19 (With travel to other sites) An Operations Manager is required to work within the Water and M&E team based at COMPANY East Grinstead office. They will be involved in a variety of projects, mainly within the water industry throughout the UK. As Operations Manager the successful individual will report to the Director of Water and M&E and be responsible for working within the team to provide support and governance of the companies BMS requirements as well as providing Project Management as well as some project support where required.
We are seeking a degree qualified Engineer who has or is close to achieving Chartered Status with their respective Engineering Institution (ICE, IMECHE, IET etc). There are significant long term opportunities with career progression for the right person. Key Responsibilities The successful candidate will be required to carry out general management tasks to assist the Director of the Water and M&E which includes but not excluded to; Business Management System (BMS) management & control; Project Reviews; Utilisation reporting; Forecasting support and Project Management. Other responsibilities shall potentially include:-
- Day to day management of the team in East Grinstead.
- Report production.
- Specification and tender preparation.
- Site asset surveys.
- Able to ensure compliance with current industry standards and to work with all stake holders to ensure successful outcomes.
- Able to produce clear and concise written documentation for operational staff who undertake ongoing operation and maintenance of plant.
Essential Experience/Skills The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience of the criteria listed below:
- BEng or MEng in Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or Civil Engineering.
- Prince 2 Practitioner and/or APM qualifications.
- The candidate shall have experience in preparing and compiling bid and tender documents which include;
- Capability Statements.
- Addressing tender questionnaires.
- Fee estimations and forecasting.
- The candidate shall be able to demonstrate an understanding of engineering principals and design related to their discipline, preferably within the Water and/or Construction industry.
- The Candidates shall have a very good understanding of and experience in managing and implementing Engineering contracts (i.e., NEC 3).
- The candidate shall require an understanding of BMS management and implementation as well as Health and Safety requirements associated with the water and/or construction industry.
- Good communication skills and computer literacy including Word, Excel, Power Point, and Microsoft projects are all considered essential and the candidate will be requested to show previous examples of such skills.
- The candidate will require the ability to be diverse and flexible in nature to meet the changing roles of the employer dependent upon the demands of the commissions.
- Project Management experience.
- Management of BMS procedures/BIM.
- Any knowledge and understanding of waste water operational requirements, water and waste water process design and MEICA inputs would again be considered advantageous but not essential.
- An ability to be diverse and flexible in nature to meet the changing roles of the employer dependent upon the demands of the commissions.
Please Note: The candidate will primarily be office based at the East Grinstead office however there may be a requirement for some work out of the home base area in remote areas, and as such personal transport is considered a pre-requisite. COMPANY Property & Infrastructure Overview We are the specialist property and infrastructure business of COMPANY plc, the UK's leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions. With 4,000 staff across the UK, we work with our clients to transform and modernise their businesses, combining our experience in the built environment, infrastructure and real estate with ICT, business process re-engineering and outsourcing solutions to reduce costs and enhance services. Our clients include both central and local government, as well as property developers, investors, occupiers, contractors and a range of other commercial organisations. Benefits
- Negotiable depending on experience
- Annual Leave - 25 days paid annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Pension - You will be automatically entitled to join the Company Group Money Purchase Scheme at Tier One level which will facilitate matched contributions by the company up to 5% of the employee's salary sacrifice. You are however able to invest further contributions in addition.
- Additional Benefits available include: Season ticket loans for train, bus and car parking, Childcare vouchers, Cycle to Work scheme, Health Screening, Holiday purchase, Death in Service, Medical Cash Plan, Dental Plan, Spouse/Partner Life Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance (Self/Spouse/Partner), Income Protection, Travel Insurance, Retail Vouchers, Dining Cards, Vehicle Breakdown, Gym Membership, Retail & Leisure discount, Fitness Tech, Kids Camps, Mobile phone tariff discount, Vehicle purchase discount, Roadside Assistance discount.
- The successful candidate will be encouraged to develop their career within Company including support for obtaining further relevant professional qualifications. What we hope you will do next Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now .
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.