Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
7 days left
- Full Time
Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer - To £43K + Package
Due to succession planning and the upcoming retirement of one of the Mechanical Associates, we are looking for an intermediate Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join a well-established consultancy based in Hertfordshire. Established over 30 years ago they continue to do the majority of their work directly with end user clients and developers and provide an exceptional level of care, quality and detail.
You will enjoy a varied and fast paced role consisting of surveys, conceptual and detail design, attending DTM's and also overseeing the construction phase of your projects.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will be responsible for designing HVAC services and designing Mechanical plant items on a range of Aviation, Healthcare, Commercial, High End residential projects, Industrial and Listed projects.
The duties will include:
- Production of concept and detailed design for HVAC services.
- Attending site and client meetings.
- Checking calculations using Cymap, AutoCAD, and Hevacomp
- Preparation of Mechanical specifications.
- Checking the quality of the installations carried out by the Contractors
- Ensuring all designs comply with current standards and best practices.
- Acting as a Lead Engineer and using your own initiative to drive projects through.
This is a great opportunity to work in a very stable and experienced team and be mentored by a Chartered and very supportive Associate and enjoy seeing projects through from inception to completion.
Given the nature of the role the Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer is likely to be have at least three years post graduate experience in Building Services, a thorough understanding of all aspects of HVAC systems and the ability to use their own initiative and work with minimal supervision.
Apply for Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly