Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
SENIOR MECHANICAL (HVAC) DESIGN ENGINEER - Kent To £50K + Package
Reporting to an Associate or Director, the Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for operational delivery and enhancing the quality of our MEP service offerings. We are looking for a real team player who can think creatively, and act tactically and efficiently to design and drive projects from feasibility to completion.
- Design, plan, manage and co-ordinate projects to achieve all deadlines required
- Act as the Project Co-Ordinator or Design Team Leader when required.
- Attend client meetings, set up a workshop with the Architects (and other relevant consultants) immediately following the appointment.
- Agree 'first issue' and 'final coordinated issue' of deliverables dates milestone reviews and sign-offs.
- Carry out specialist surveys or validations to verify existing services.
- Work in close collaboration with other MEP Engineers and share information including knowledge, strategies and successes.
- Continually improve standards and quality of designs to achieve successful design and delivery of projects.
- Provide input into project programmes to allow Team Leaders to produce accurate fee bids and resource projects adequately.
- Hold weekly meetings with Engineers and review progress and key project issues and ensure these are being actioned.
- Flag up any addition duties over and above the agreed fee basis on projects.
- Maintain regular contact with existing clients and build on existing relationships to ensure repeat business.
- Degree qualified in Building Services, Mechanical or Environmental Engineering.
- At least five years' experience as a HVAC Design Engineer.
- Good negotiation, communication, influencing and written skills.
- Able to manage your own time effectively and manage multiple projects.
- Able to manage project fees and income versus profitability.
- Proven experience as a "Design Team Leader" and Lead Co-Ordinator across all disciplines.
- Able to use IES and a working knowledge of Revit MEP.
- Broad range of project experience to include mixed-use developments, hotels, commercial offices, education or residential projects.
- A comprehensive benefits package including pension, life assurance, 24 days leave, private healthcare will be provided.