Contract Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Highfield Professional Solutions are looking for an experienced, motivated contract Senior Electrical Design Engineer looking to develop their career in a positive environment and join our clients team where talent is encouraged and growth opportunities unrivalled. This role will be based in Hertford.
This opportunity will involve working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across the UK.
The Building Design practice work on projects across all of our focus markets, including Education, Commercial and Ministry of Justice.
The opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. It is an exciting opportunity for an experienced design engineer to further develop their career within a leading building design consultancy.
The focus is on developing the staff to realise their full potential, with development plans geared to individual needs and abilities. This role will allow development of existing technical skills as well as providing potential to expand digital skills and project management
Our client is committed to developing our ways of working using emerging Digital Technology and the global reach offered by an organisation of our size and reach.
• Take an active role in managing other engineers, supervising and training junior/graduate engineers, leading building projects of various sizes, taking an active
role in project leadership and client facing activity.
• Oversee and manage all aspects of multi-disciplinary projects, engaging with the project design team, contractors and clients.
• Specification and design of Electrical installations.
• Carrying out Electrical calculations on design software packages.
• Work in partnership with other offices to add value to building services projects
• Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team
• Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works
• Maintaining records and archives to company standards
• Increase knowledge, and use of, our clients capabilities outside of Building Services
• Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services
• Engineering or related subjects
• Chartered Engineer or working towards being a Chartered Engineer with CIBSE/IET
• Good level of computer literacy in design software,
• Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor environment is desirable
• Able to take charge of project deliverables, make decisions, act on own initiative and operate in a pro-active way
• Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential
• Strong understanding of the commercial aspects of project management
Asap start with the potential of 12 months work paying circa £40-£43 an hour for 40 hours a week.
If this position is of interest and you would like to discuss in more detail, please contact Darryll Gibson at Highfield Professional Solutions on 01489 774010 or email on email@example.com
Apply for Contract Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly