Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Job Title: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
Rate: £38 - £40ph
Duration: 6 months
A global award winning design consultancy in Warrington are looking to recruit two Senior Mechanical Design Engineers to work within the infrastructure team.
You will be working as part of a national practice of Building Design professionals delivering engineering design solutions to clients across a wide variety of markets and sectors. The Building Design practice works on projects across all of our focus markets, including Aviation, MOD, Cities & Development, Education, Energy and Transportation. This opportunity will require candidates to be client-facing as well as being involved in the day to day design and management of projects. Your typical duties will include:
- Design and specification of all Mechanical Building Services systems - heating, cooling, ventilation, controls, etc.
- Carry out (& managing others), in the production of detailed calculations using industry standard digital tools inc. Excel, IES, Hevacomp, in-house developed tools, etc.
- Preparing technical specifications using NBS.
- Preparing drawings for drafting by the CAD team a working understanding / use of Autodesk (& Revit).
- Site surveys, inspections and monitor site works and report & technical note writing.
- Managing and updating own workload, and that of the team.
- Managing the MEP team in project delivery within budget.
- Reviewing progress, Inc. reporting any anomalies and changes of scope to the line manager.
Ideally you will have:
- Detailed knowledge of appropriate technical standards.
- Experience working in a design consultancy and/or experience of working within a contractor design environment is essential
- Good report writing skills, experience of making presentations to and attending meetings with client is essential.
- Degree qualified, or equivalent qualification, in Building Services Engineering or related subjects.
- Minimum of 5 years building service experience
- The right to work in the UK
If you would like to discuss this position in more detail please call Jemma Harding on 01489 774 010 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org
****We offer a candidate referral bonus on successful placements - £250 John Lewis Vouchers****