7 days left
- Full Time
We are appointing a Mechanical Surveyor to join our corporate property service.
You will join a busy and friendly team of four, reporting to the Premises Manager. You will be primarily responsible for ensuring the Council’s mechanical inspections, testing, servicing, maintenance and remedial works are delivered on time and to the required standard. You will also ensure that these works conform to the relevant guidance, standards and legislation, providing advice to colleagues across the Council as required.
The Premises team sits within the wider Corporate Property service, responsible for Estates Management, Facilities Management, Premises (building repairs and improvements), Garages, Regeneration Projects and Business Centres.
Our expanding portfolio comprises the Council offices, car parks, leisure facilities, other operation buildings, light industrial estates, neighbourhood shopping parades, the Weltech Business Centre, town centre commercial units, residential units, land and various other assets throughout the borough.
This role would be ideally suited to someone with strong practical experience in a similar role, or an ambitious and knowledgeable individual working at a more junior level, looking to take the next step in their career.
- Be educated to BTEC level with significant experience in successfully managing mechanical and electrical planned and responsive works.
- Have proven experience of instructing and effectively managing multiple contractors.
- Have demonstrable experience of quality assuring mechanical works
- Have working knowledge of relevant legislation, regulations and guidance including L8, CDM, DDA,
- COSHH and Building Regulations.
- Work competently with colleagues and professionals, instructing other teams and external professionals as required.
- Act as a point of contact for the team for internal and external customers.
- Be driven and ambitious, having the ability to work under pressure and use their own initiative.
- Be able to communicate and build relationships effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Have a proven track record of implementing new processes to achieve improved efficiency and/or improvements in safety culture.
- Hold a full valid UK driving licence.
For further information about this post and to apply online please visit www.welhat.gov.uk.
Closing date for applications is 25 November 2018.
Assessments will be held on 4/5 December & interviews will be held on 6 December 2018.