Senior Electrical Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a international and multi-discipline design consultancy looking to grow in Central London. This is a particularly exciting phase in their growth which could lead to quick progression to leadership for the right person.
You shall be required to:-
- Normally 5 years’ experience and normally chartered.
- Able to represent the practice at project level.
- Demonstrate ability to take responsibility for projects.
- Ability to manage the design and construction stages of a project.
2) Business Development
- Starting to develop network of contacts.
- Be ambassadors for Company.
3) Project Role
- Management/financial awareness.
- Ability to supervise a small team of engineers and technicians.
- Role will normally be as Project Engineer on projects of various sizes.
- On major/more complex projects could take the role of Design Engineer.
- Be responsible for delivering work to a fee agreed with a Project Manager.
Core responsibilities for the task include:
- Task delivery to agreed deadline and fee.
- Task profitability.
- Task quality.
- Present to Clients.
- Construct project teams from internal and external resources.
- Procure project resources.
- Plan projects.
4) Company Role
- Have an understanding of our Business plan.
- Have an understanding of company financial indicators.
- Contribute to the development of company procedures by taking an active role in task groups.
- Attend team meetings and play an active role in the development of procedures within your team.
- Apply policies relating to health & safety, quality and training.
5) Engineering Function
- Agree design philosophy/design fundamentals.
- Review and comment on deliverables produced by Engineers & Technicians at key stages through a project.
- Demonstrates all round technical competence.
- Have knowledge of concept design, detailed design, construction techniques, procurement routes, risk assessment and claim assessment.
- Have knowledge of analytical concepts.
- Have knowledge of our delivery in CAD standards and 3D working
- Be competent at influencing people (staff, Clients).
- Set an example to all staff by demonstrating compliance with the company’s procedures and policies and operate within the company controls.
- Actively address problem issues, present solutions, not problems.
Our client offers
- 40 hour working week with flexi time
- Approved overtime
- Income protection scheme and death in service scheme
- 20 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays, 25 days for Associate level and above
- Government pension scheme
- 3.5 days additional leave over Christmas gifted annually by the Company to all employees, this is not included within the 20 days leave allowance
- Social environment with monthly works drinks catered in the office and quarterly office events such as the summer ping pong event
- Charterships paid for and supported by the Company. Study and exam days provided. Annual professional development programme ran with internal and external workshops and courses.
- Membership subscriptions paid for.