Environmental Engineering, Experienced BIM (Building Information Modelling) Technician
The job and its environment
At Method we are a group of sustainability professionals with a common goal to reduce the environmental impact of buildings through sustainable engineering design and advice. We are experts in sustainable building design, building services engineering and the application of renewable energy for buildings. We work on an exciting and diverse range of projects. We pride ourselves on our unrivalled ability to deliver innovative and fresh designs from a young and dynamic team and we are looking for talented graduates to join our office in Swindon. We provide a great working environment with excellent training and support – in 2016 we were given the CIBSE Employer of the Year Award, having been shortlisted in the past, and have been listed in the Building Magazine Top 50 Employers Guide for the last three years.
We provide a wide ranging technical consultancy service with sustainability at the heart of the design process, including:
- Developing low energy building design strategies in conjunction with architects and structural engineers
- Providing advice on sustainability, BREEAM and building physics
- Building services engineering including heating, lighting, power and water systems design with a strong emphasis on reducing energy consumption and CO2 emissions
- Advising clients on integrating renewable energy technologies into buildings to provide sustainable energy
- Working with contractors on site to ensure that design concepts are correctly implemented and constructed
- Using latest dynamic simulation software as part of energy, CO2, thermal and daylight analysis
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic BIM Technician who is keen to join our Building Information and Modelling BIM department. You will be expected to be experienced in the use of Revit to produce technical drawings.
- You should be experienced in the creation of 3D models from both marked up information and meetings discussing constraints.
- Proficient in the use of Revit, requiring minimal input supervision to carry out creating systems and drawings.
- Have experience in liaising with external Design Team members such as Architects and Structural Engineers.
- Experience working to deadlines and managing workloads efficiently in order to achieve project deadlines.
- Understanding of BIM and what it’s process involves.
- Aware with some knowledge of relevant standards such as BS1192 and PAS 1192
- Experience of working to BSRIA BG/6 would be beneficial.
What do we offer?
We offer 24 days’ leave plus additional flexi-leave (up to 12 days’ flex, plus an additional 10 days’ unpaid leave), flexible working hours, private healthcare, life assurance, company pension scheme, regular appraisals and a profit-share bonus scheme.
See www.methodllp.com for more details.