Building Services Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Are you looking for something a bit different as an engineering professional? We are currently working with a client to find a Building Services Manager in Hemel Hempstead.
Our client has been established for over 30 years and have made a name for themselves as a well-known residential developer. They have become one of the largest independent property development companies in the UK and have won over 100 industry awards. They are looking for an ambitious and talented Building Services Manager to join them in their Hemel Hempstead office.
Building Services Manager Duties:
- Development utility / infrastructure strategies and quotations
- Production of design intent mechanical and electrical installation designs and specifications
- Management of external building services consultants and specialist where required
- Review and comment on design by external consultants and specialists
- Ensuring production of information in accordance with Dandara standards.
- M&E and utility coordination with other construction design information and design disciplines. Key Tasks & Responsibilities Development Utilities / Infrastructure
- Obtaining existing utility record maps. Reviewing risk and diversion requirements.
- Develop utility infrastructure strategies in coordination with incumbent and independent utility service providers including; gas, electricity telecoms, cable and water services
- Utility quotations; making applications, obtaining and progressing designs and quotations, including disconnections, diversions, new supplies and temporary building supplies
- Utility quotation reviews/appraisals and subsequent recommendations to Commercial Team
- Coordinating with the Dandara internal Technical and Legal Teams in regard to any utility legals requirements, such as easements or wayleaves
- Securing utility electricity MPan and MPRN references and procuring a meter shipper
- Assisting the Land Team on any queries at pre-land purchase stage
- Obtaining street lighting designs and quotations. Review, comment and recommendation
- Managing street lighting inventories
- Assisting the construction team with any day to day queries
- Manage and coordinate any utilities changes and ensure onward circulation to Technical & Commercial TeamsM&E
- Provision of high standard domestic plumbing, mechanical and electrical designs, specification information and design calculations for residential and commercial developments in full collaboration and coordination with the Technical Department team.
- Ensure design deliverables are met in accordance with the design programme.
- Provision of mechanical & electrical specification information prior to site commencement and throughout the project duration in conjunction with Technical Department team.
- Fee negotiation, instruction and coordination of external mechanical and electrical design consultants or specialists when utilised.
- Management of external design information - review, collation, register and issue where undertaken by an external consultant or contractor.
- Electronic and hard copy issue and registering of drawings received from consultants.
- Financially appraising mechanical and electrical designs for value engineering and cost saving promotion purposes.
- Liaison and management of mechanical and electrical subcontractors including the undertaking of material and workmanship quality inspections.
- Investigation of new technologies in regard to plumbing and mechanical installations.
- Assisting with the preparation and collation of tender documents.
- Contract administration assistance to the Commercial Team
- Site visits and inspections.
- Arranging copies of information for other departments, consultants and site contractors where required.
- Ensure all records of design changes are kept to coordinate "as built" drawings upon completion of the project.
- Obtaining, collating and distributing design risk assessments/information from project consultants and designing contractors to meet CDM obligations.
- Assessing design risk and providing information as required for health and safety to meet current Construction Design and Management (CDM) legislation.
- Assisting in the assessment of design and build tenders.
- Managing design and installation queries raised by Construction staff / Contractors as required.
Building Services Manager Requirements:
- Degree or relevant equivalent in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Building Services
- Minimum of 8 years' experience in within the building services industry
- extensive residential and/or commercial project experience essential
- Experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment
- A design and build contracting background
- good working knowledge of Building Regulations
- Appreciation of other building services disciplines
- Knowledge of a variety of software- AutoCAD, Revit, Hevacomp, IES etc
- Full UK driving license
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
If you would be interested in working with this brilliant company as a building services manager, then apply now
Apply for Building Services Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly