Senior Mechanical Engineer
This company work on a wide range of projects including healthcare, education, retail, hotels, residential, student accommodation, residential care, public entertainment, utility projects, civil projects and many more. They also have a strong sustainability section within the group. They continuously support their engineers to develop their expertise in this field of engineering.
If you are looking for that next challenge in your career whereby you will be given the responsibility you desire, this could be the move for you. They have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their team. The position Senior Mechanical Engineer would suit a motivated, practical and adaptable individual who has the ambition to work in a progressive and innovative design consultancy. The post holder will support the delivery of a range of projects across a wide range of sectors.
Knowledge Skills & Experience
- Computer literate.
- Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
- Attention to detail and demonstrated initiative.
- Strong technical ability in all aspects of Mechanical Engineering Services & Design
- Third level diploma/degree in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering
- 9-10 Years Relevant experience, ideally in a design consultancy environment
- Knowledge & experience of current CIBSE an Ashrae Design Guides, Building Regulations, EN Standards and IEC Standards
- Experience in Hevacomp, AutoCAD and MS Office Suite Software
- Experience of client, vendor & contractor interaction & management
- Proactive, a good communicator with the ability to work well with others in a multifunctional project team
- Excellent level of attention to detail and accuracy
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Lead Engineering Design and Design Management tasks on Projects as part of an integrated project team
- Proactive with a strong ability to work independently and without supervision
- Design and specification of Mechanical Engineering Solutions to current regulations and design standards
Duties Will Include Assisting With the Following
- Working directly with clients and project engineers to define project requirements and develop technical solutions
- Develop and agree design processes and design deliverables
- Lead Pre-Construction Engineering activities and the production of information including, design development, construction details, services coordination, technical submittals, sub-contracts, etc
- Provide technical support to the estimating, procurement, commercial, and project bid teams
- Provide off-site technical support to construction teams on projects
Participants Will Receive
- A competitive salary
- Working closely with Senior Staff Managers / Directors
- Opportunity to progress your career within the company
- Actively promote external learning with relevant professional bodies (IEI/CIBSE)
- Active Sports & Social Clubs
- Flexible working hours