The Royal Borough of Greenwich is looking for two professional Lift Engineers to work within their Engineering Services - Mechanical and Lift Section, which is part of the Housing and Safer Communities Directorate.
- You will be joining a team of Mechanical and Electrical Engineers engaged on both Maintenance and Capital contracts
- You will be self-motivated with the confidence to represent the Council's interests in various forums and circumstances with a minimum of ONC or NVQ Level 3 in Lift Engineering Services Qualifications
You will require:
- A good knowledge of the Lift Industry, its working practices and Regulations. Particularly The Lift Regulations, The Machinery Directive- Lifts and must be familiar with LOLER and PUWER
- A good knowledge of the construction industry including, health and Safety, materials, trades, building methods, legal and contractual requirements.
- Excellent organisational, communication and negotiating skills
- Excellent written communication, report writing skills.
- Excellent contract, finance and budget control skills
- Excellent IT skills, in Word, Excel and Outlook and experience of planning, ordering and scheduling systems.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with staff at all levels.
- Be able to demonstrate a flexible and organized approach to their work
- The ability to work on your own initiative and as part of the team
The closing date for applications is: 23rd December 2018
Royal Borough of Greenwich reserves the right to close any vacancy earlier than the advertised closing date should there be a high volume of applications received.