Senior Revit MEP Coordinator
Senior Revit Engineer – M&E Building Services
My client requires a Senior Revit Coordinator to join an ever-growing Digital Engineering team in Kent.
Digital Engineering is at the heart of my client’s delivery model, with a DE team of over 100 staff and are at the forefront of innovation for this sector.
This role is a core part of the Engineering Job Family and Digital Engineering function.
The DE function within this provides the capability to fully engineer our projects before commencing work on site ensuring an optimised engineered solution, technical excellence, maximised use of offsite products, reduced waste and enhanced delivery efficiency.
All our Engineers are part of our Engineering Enterprise and aligned with our overall strategy to maximise DfMA, Digital Engineering, and Early Engagement.
This is an exciting opportunity for a Revit Engineer to join a business that really values Digital Engineering.
The ideal candidate would have -
- Has a knowledge of most MEP services and their methods of installation including ventilation ductwork, domestic water pipework, heating and cooling pipework, above ground drainage, sprinkler systems and cable containment
- Ability to author and interrogate complex 3D models using Revit MEP and Navisworks
- Ability to produce drawing to the standard defined by BSRIA BG6 as 4c
- Has a good knowledge of BIM, including BEP’s, LOD requirements, and importance of clash detection and model interrogation.
- Has a good knowledge of MEP services coordination principles and how they integrate with building fabric and structure.
- Understands implications of coordination on system resistances and plant duties and can utilise this knowledge to coordinate services in the 3d model
- Is able to utilise the standards set out in DW144 to coordinate ductwork in the 3d model
- Incorporates principles of access, maintenance and buildability good practice when authoring MEP services in a 3d model and can provide alternative solutions where the original design does not meet requirements
- Has a good knowledge of all MEP services and their methods of installation including ventilation ductwork, domestic water pipework, heating and cooling pipework, above ground drainage, sprinkler systems and cable containment
- Has knowledge of specialist services such as medical gas, pneumatic tube, steam, busbar and modular wiring
- Ability to author and interrogate complex 3D models using Revit MEP and Navisworks with responsibility for own package/section of project and other team members
If you are interested in the role above please email me on email@example.com or call on 0207 065 7276