Senior Mechanical Engineer – sustainable, ethical engineering
Do you sometimes feel like you’re going through the motions on projects? What would you truthfully say if asked about your “job satisfaction”? Do you feel like what you are doing makes a positive difference in the world?
It’s a big industry, and there are a lot of companies that aren’t that great for a senior mechanical design engineer to work for. Not bad exactly, no complaints, but not inspiring.
However, I am working with a consultancy who are different. Unlike others, they focus specifically on doing good in the world – with a stated aim to help make the UK zero carbon over the coming decades. This is about more than servicing their clients and getting paid; and as a result, they report the highest levels of job satisfaction of any of my clients – because they employ the kind of people who derive job satisfaction from more than profit. Things like:
- Sustainability – the most sustainability-minded MEP consultancy in the country
- Professional ethics driving everything they do
- Developing technologies which enhance and improve sustainability and green buildings worldwide
- Excellent professional development, striving to help each employee improve themselves
- Visibility – pushing the green agenda out there in the industry and wider world, at conferences, through research, articles and publications etc.
(But don’t worry about commercial viability – they are also very profitable, and have been rapidly growing, worldwide, for well over 20 years.)
Due to increased work, more and more projects, they are in need of a senior mechanical design engineer for their London office. Duties will include:
- Manage projects in a range of sectors, as point of contact to the client, and including financial budgeting and staff resource balancing;
- Instruct and manage support staff in their work on projects;
- Advice other construction professionals on Building Services, and liaise to make different teams’ outputs compatible;
- Illustrate design concepts and produce written reports;
- Prepare detailed design drawings to present to clients and other design professionals;
- Prepare complete tender packages;
- Monitor and report on the progress of work on site.
If you are interested in being considered for this senior mechanical design engineer role, please contact me on 07814 619 544 or firstname.lastname@example.org