Senior Mechanical Engineer
Having recently been awarded several new contracts an exciting and interesting opportunity has been created to join this rapidly expanding practice. As a leading Building Services Consultancy specialising in design, energy and carbon reduction strategies. Covering a variety of sectors, including Education, Commercial, Retail, Leisure and Health projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career and utilise your skills and experience further.
As the Senior Mechanical Engineer your role will be to carry out detailed MEP designs up to construction level for a variety of projects from small surveys, feasibilities / energy studies to large scale housing, education and commercial projects and will be able to attend project meetings with the design team and client.
The role includes monitoring design team costs taking into account the programme and budget provided for each of the projects.
The role is suited to a candidate who is ambitious, self-motivated and a team player. The ideal candidate will be someone who can produce designs from initial design through to completion, including production of specifications, drawings, schedules and cost estimates using word and excel and also manage Clients and team members.
- Preferably degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or Building Services Engineering.
- Experience of working in a small or medium sized consulting engineering practice (30 people or less);
- Conversant in Autocad and have a working knowledge of IES, Cymap and REVIT MEP.
- First class technical knowledge and strong design coordination skills;
- A track record of hands-on design and delivery experience;
- Experience of carrying out condition surveys, feasibility studies and budget estimates for mechanical services;
- Good commercial awareness;
- Experience and knowledge of current Building Regulations / Renewable technologies / Thermal Modelling / SAPs/ SBEM Calculations/ EPC’s / BREEAM / Passivhaus Standards.
- Strong client interface skills.
- Knowledge of CIBSE guides, CDM Regs, British Standards