Due to continued growth this specialist provider of construction technology services is recruiting for an experienced BREEAM Assessor. The company primarily focus on the areas of structural engineering, specialising in offsite construction consultancy and the design of modular and panellised light gauge steel structures. Services include building physics, providing certified thermal modelling, u-value and condensation risk calculations. They also provide construction products, materials and systems development services, including third-party certification, and auditing, inspection, and building regulations services.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Performing BREEAM and/or LEED assessments;
- Project management of entire certification process from initiation to close out;
- Providing support for the production of planning statements and development of relevant documentation such as Home User Guide, Building User Guide and Building Logbook;
- Verifying project designs to ensure they are in accordance with sustainability targets;
- Producing of reports, guidance notes and general communications with the design teams to ensure quality and standards are achieved/exceeded;
- Achieving an outstanding level of engagement and communication with all key stakeholders;
- Delivering sustainability workshops, hosting project design meetings and client meetings;
- Assisting clients in sustainability related consultant appointments;
- Managing a challenging and varying workload which can change at short notice;
- Identifying issues or risks that affect the delivery of a project, and identifying measures to address the issue/risk and agreeing with the team leader how these measures will be implemented;
- Ensuring compliance with our Quality Assurance and Management Systems and with relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- At least 5 years of experience in the construction industry with at least 2 years in BREEAM/LEED assessor role
- Third-level degree qualification in a relevant discipline such as Environmental Sciences or in a construction-related discipline;
- Clear and efficient verbal and written communication, including excellent report writing skills;
- Experience in the use of AutoCAD;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
Not essential but advantageous:
- An understanding of Part L of the Building Regulations and SAP/SBEM;
- Experience in use of One Click LCA software (LCC, Life Cycle Impact);
- Experience in carrying out Post Occupancy Evaluation.
Apex Engineering Solutions is a recruitment agency acting on behalf of this client