Principal Electrical Engineer
This leading international Engineering Consultancy is a specialist service company dedicated to all technical engineering aspects of operating buildings to ensure clients enjoy the whole life benefits inherent in their design. Continued expansion and sustained growth has created a new opportunity for an experienced Principal Electrical Engineer. Working on a variety of medium sized projects and undertaking a client facing role in the development, design and co-ordination of engineering projects.
- Responsible for running a number of medium size projects
- Design and specify Electrical building systems, equipment, facilities, components and products
- Develop Electrical engineering concepts and solutions
- Report and review on Electrical engineering options and make final proposal
- Attend project design team meetings (perhaps overseas visits required) and co-ordinate with Architects, project managers, Structural Engineers etc
- Obtain from client and provide a clear and accurate brief to design office engineering team
- Technical requirements and deliverables
- Develop brief and disseminate to Engineering/CAD resource for each phase of project
- Provide expert technical advice and problem resolution to the design office
- Visit design office with briefing and mobilise the team
- Review deliverables from design office in accordance with briefing requirements sent to them
- Provide technical audit of deliverables from design office
- Present design proposals/solutions to client and design team
- Prepare specifications and co-ordinate with all other documentation
- Sign-off engineering documents/schedules/drawings/calculations received from design office
- Ensure document control methods are being adhered to and quality control standards are being achieved
- Contribute to development of quality and technical standards within the office
The ideal candidate will be a Chartered Engineer or working towards, educated to degree level in Building Services Engineering or equivalent and hold membership of relevant institutions.
Skills will include the delivery of European data centre and mission critical projects. Other sector experience including healthcare labs and clean rooms would be desirable. Experience will also include the coordination of engineering project services, with a proven track record in project management.
Your excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both with colleagues and clients, and experience working on innovative projects with leading client organisations, and contractors will equip you to take a future pro-active role in forging client relationships of our sector portfolio.
You will possess good commercial awareness, in addition to having robust technical knowledge relevant to building services design, and capable of incorporating those technologies into the data centre sector. The position will ideally suit someone who is currently working in either consultancy or mission critical systems and is prepared to work ‘hands on’.