Senior Mechanical Engineer
This company have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join their firm, based in London.
As a Senior Engineer you will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed and profitability is achieved.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
- Experience in the Education, Healthcare and Defence sectors will be of particular benefit in this role and any particular specialism would be welcomed.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- Engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and get the best out of them..
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- Looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring the company keep abreast of their competitors.
What They Are Looking For
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all of the following:M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting and Project Management.
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
Why Work For Them
To reward your hard work and commitment this company offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career. Other benefits include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation