Senior or Principal Mechanical Engineer
1 day left
- Full Time
We are an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
It’s an exciting time for us here at Hoare Lea, we have recently acquired a number of new projects across different sectors and are therefore actively recruiting for Senior and Principal level Mechanical Engineers in many of our offices nationwide.
You will be responsible for supporting and delivering designs for a range of project types and sizes. You will work within a multidisciplinary team of engineers and support staff delivering a consistent high-quality service for clients, ensuring that repeat and new business opportunities are developed and profitability is achieved.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be in a Client facing role, attending project meetings and disseminating the brief within the project team. You will need to be of personable nature and a good communicator.
- Experience in the Education, Healthcare and Defence sectors will be of benefit in this role although experience in other specialism would also be welcomed.
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards.
- You will take responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or as part of a team.
- You will engage with junior support staff in their day to day activities and offer advice and guidance to ensure that they develop their skills and we get the best out of our people.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered.
- You will be looking at new ways of working and taking time out for innovation and research ensuring we keep abreast of our competitors.
- You will also ensure adherence to QM and risk control procedures.
What We Are Looking For
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering, Building Services Engineering or equivalent qualification.
- Previous consultancy or contracting experience in some or all of the following: M&E Design & Specification, Surveying & Reporting and Project Management.
- You will have experience working in a multi-disciplinary environment, with excellent communication skills both internal and external clients, and a team-based work approach, you will appreciate that holistic working is central to good design and you will have experience across a range of projects.
Why Work For Us
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer both core and flexible benefits, a competitive salary and industry leading training and development to support you throughout your career. Other benefits include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
We are a highly successful international firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Consulting Engineers. With a focus on building services, our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and sustainability. We look at the building as a whole and are involved in all aspects, from initial client discussions through to the building’s occupation and optimised carbon performance. By combining our MEP engineering design expertise with a range of complementary specialisms, we’re able to offer our clients a unique service.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
How to Apply
Complete a CV profile and submit your application.
For more information, please visit https://hoarelea.com/careers/
For questions please contact email@example.com
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below: