Senior / Principal Electrical Engineer
We are an award-winning engineering consultancy with a creative team of engineers, designers, and technical specialists. We provide innovative solutions to complex engineering and design challenges for buildings.
It’s an exciting time for us here at Hoare Lea, we have recently acquired a number of new projects across different sectors and are therefore actively recruiting for Senior and Principal level Electrical Engineers in many of our offices nationwide.
Working alongside the Team Leader, this is a client facing role requiring the ability to communicate effectively responding to our clients’ needs, developing and producing reports, specifications and guidance or overseeing testing and commissioning activities. We work closely as a team to ensure we achieve the best results and deliver a consistent high-quality service for our clients.
What You’ll Be Doing
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally.
- You will have the opportunity to lead electrical services design on large projects, and lead overall MEP on small to medium sized projects within the office,
- Projects span a cross section of sectors including Science and Research Laboratories, Leisure, Residential, Commercial, and high end mixed use developments.
What We Are Looking For
- Excellent technical knowledge in Electrical Design Engineering Thorough understanding of Building Services Engineering and interdisciplinary design through all stages of the design process
- Previous consultancy experience: you will appreciate the importance of complementary specialisms such as acoustics, fire engineering and computer modelling in the design of buildings
- Autonomous approach: able to lead small to medium sized projects and able to take a brief from the project lead on large projects and deliver & control the tasks required
- Responsible for the quality of our outputs
- Appreciation of client needs, with ability to communicate effectively with our clients
- Ability to identity when outsourcing is required e.g. design & CAD work
- Understand and identify resource needs
- Mentor and supervise junior members of staff
- Chartered engineer or working towards professional accreditation.
Why Work For Us
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary and both core and flexible benefits. These include:
- Private medical scheme
- 25 days annual leave, increasing to 30 days with length of service
- Contributory pension scheme
- Exposure to a variety of sectors, disciplines, opportunities and clients
- Active support towards further professional accreditation
- Friendly and dynamic team working environment
- Collaboration with specialist groups, with strong commitment to quality
- The opportunity to become the electrical lead on projects and project lead on small to medium sized projects
- Opportunities for career progression
We are a highly successful international firm of Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) Consulting Engineers. With a focus on building services, our design-led service is supported by our commitment to innovation and sustainability. We look at the building as a whole and are involved in all aspects, from initial client discussions through to the building’s occupation and optimised carbon performance. By combining our MEP engineering design expertise with a range of complementary specialisms, we’re able to offer our clients a unique service.
Irrespective of the scale or complexity of a project, we provide a full range of MEP, environmental and sustainability services, bringing buildings to life and ensuring that they perform in operation as well as they look.
How to Apply
Complete a CV profile and submit your application.
For more information, please visit https://hoarelea.com/careers/
For questions please contact email@example.com
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon you providing evidence of your right to work in the UK.
General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR)
We have updated our terms and conditions for candidates, to find out more please click on the link below: