Intermediate Mechanical Design Engineer
Intermediate Mechanical (HVAC) Design Engineer with IES or Hevacomp skills required for a leading international, global multi-disciplinary consultancy based in central London.
Established in the 1980s from a desire to provide a better service, better quality of project delivery and fantastic working environment for their staff, they now operate from over 10 offices throughout the UK and Europe and have a further three affiliated offices globally.
Reporting directly to the Mechanical Associate, you will enjoy a diverse and fast paced role as you assist with the design and delivery of projects across the UK and Europe.
- Produce feasibility, concept design, detailed design and construction drawings using AutoCAD.
- Work independently on small projects.
- Carry out duct sizing, fan sizing, plant sizing, pressure drop calculations, plant sizing, gas pipe sizing and heat gain/loss calculations.
- Use Hevacomp or IES software to check results.
- Provide monthly updates on any design issues, variations or issued that could affect project deadlines.
- Assist with Thermal modelling / Part L Compliance using IES.
- Co-ordinating your designs with the in-house Civil & Structural, Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health and Sustainability Engineers.
This is a great chance to work on a variety of £1 - £100M projects such as commercial offices, mixed-used developments and education projects from inception to handover.
This role will suit a confident Intermediate Mechanical (Building Services) Design Engineer who is looking to join a social and employee focussed consultancy that offer a fantastic work life balance, and a genuine opportunity for progression to Associate level. Ref 1468