Senior Electrical Engineer
Would you like to join our clients building engineering team in Winchester? They work on a variety of exciting projects, both in the UK and internationally;
Based in Winchester you will:
- Manage multidisciplinary projects while providing technical support and mentoring to the other Electrical Engineers.
- Be involved in feasibility, design and site stage activities of major and minor building projects (new and refurbishment).
- Lead the design of the electrical building systems including design of HV / LV power systems, lighting / emergency lighting, lightning protection & earthing as well as electronic systems including; fire alarm, security systems and PA / VA etc.
- Lead the development of appropriate building energy and sustainability strategies for buildings, including communicating and agreeing these plans with project team members and relevant authorities.
- Collaborate with high profile Architects, as well as work closely with the other team members in the development of the building form to align with passive design principles, the objectives of the energy and sustainability strategies and the needs of the building services.
- Lead the analysis of lighting levels, cable sizing and protection discrimination using modelling software such as Dialux and Amtech.
- Input into the spatial and technical co-ordination of the building services and their integration into building design.
- Manage the production of drawings, reports and specifications.
- Supervise and coordinate the work of other building services Engineers and coordinating work with Engineers of other disciplines including in-house specialists.
- Liaise with the client and other external team members.
- Work across multiple projects with different design teams.
- Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior members of the team.
- Support the Project Manager and Project Director in the commercial management of the project.
- Support graduate Engineers with technical expertise and mentor less experienced team members.
- Share and expand knowledge through participation at relevant skills networks.
You will join Building Engineering Winchester, a growing group of multi-disciplinary Engineers:
- we bring together professionals from diverse disciplines to solve highly complex development problems;
- our creativity and technical expertise allow us to take on ambitious projects that few companies can deliver;
- our culture and values inspire us to think long-term and design with social purpose;
- we care about what we do and it shines through in the quality of our work.
Skills / Experience Required for the Role
- Chartered (or close to Chartership) status through CIBSE, IET or other relevant body and degree qualified.
- A demonstrable track record of successful delivery within an electrical services engineering role / environment including:
- High / low voltage power design.
- Electronic building services system including; fire alarm, security (CCTV, access control, intruder detection) and PA / VA etc.
- Lighting / emergency lighting design.
- Lightning protection & earthing design.
- Coordination and spatial planning of electrical services within the building.
- Strong track record of leading project teams.
- A clear understanding of, or experience within a consultancy environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Adaptable, resilient and able to work in multidisciplinary settings.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Professional, organised, and highly methodical.
- Software skills including Amtech, Dialux, StrikeRisk and Elevate etc.
- Knowledge of relevant design tools, techniques and related methods e.g. IT systems, BIM and calculation packages etc.
- Demonstrate an active CPD record.
- Programming and resource management at project level.
- Ability to create deliverables from a project brief.
- Good knowledge of lighting design, daylighting and energy performance of building.
- CAD and Revit MEP management skills.
- Ability to think outside the specialism and integrate multidisciplinary requirements into holistic coordinated solutions.
Desirable Skills and Knowledge
- Experience of working in and managing multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience of daylighting and glare analysis.
Key Behavioural Competencies:
- Communicates effectively
- Results focused
- Desire to challenge
- Client focused
- Enjoys working with others
- Creative and inquisitive
- Enjoys supporting and developing junior Engineers
- Ability to present and explain thinking and design decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines
Our client is an independent firm of Designers, Planners, Engineers, Consultants and Technical Specialists offering a broad range of professional services. Through our work, we make a positive difference in the world.
Reward and Benefits
Probably the best benefits package on offer in the market place, apply for more details